Saturday, September 1, 2007

Saturday Findings/Chicken Pox

Sorry I was MIA this week, I have been dealing with chicken pox in my house. My girls returned from the camp ground, and my oldest Alexa had small bumps on her. Assuming they were bug bites, we carried on as per normal. Well Lexa woke up the next morning with a whole wack more of the "bug bites" and the realization hit us. Then Angelina woke up the next day with all kinds of little bumps.... CRAP.. CHICKEN POX!

We were confused as the girls have both been vaccinated, and the bumps didn't present as normal chicken pox. They never blistered, no fever from either girl, no icky sickies, just bumps that look like they'd come to a head any minute but never did. They are itchy as all heck for them though. So after chatting with the docs that I work with, it was clarified... be warned, your kids can still get chicken pox if they have received the vaccination. They say only a 10% chance, but both my girls, my nephew, and other friends kids have all gotten it... Me thinks there is more than a 10% chance...lol Anyways, god luv aveno oatmeal baths, calamine parties (I had to get painted with them..lol) and good ole Benadryl. Life makes sense once again!! LOL

On with my Sat findings...............................

New Quiz of the week
WHO IS YOUR 80's HUNK?


Your 80s Hunk Is

Kirk Cameron





BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. this made me laugh... I did like him in the 80's... HAVE FUN!

New Quote of the Week
Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown

Pencil Lines #47 (love this sketch)

Really Lovin Jenni Bowlin. So I am getting both her paper crafting and project monthly kits... I feel so inspired looking at her kits... just need the time to scrap now...LOL Find her Sept kits here

Truely love my girlfriend Robyn's blog.... her latest post was to use one word to describe.... here is my list!

You.
Can.
Only.
Type.
One.
Word.
Answers.
1. Yourself: outgoing
2. Your significant other: patient
3. Your hair: frizzy
4. Your mother: beautiful
5. Your Father: handsome
6. Your step father/mother: none
7. Your dream last night: strange
8. Your Favorite drink: margarita
9. Your Dream Car: bug
10. The room you are in: messy
11. Your Ex: sweet
12. Your fears: solitude
13. What do you want to be in 10 years: happy
14. Who you hung out with last night: family
15. What You're Not: shy
16. Muffins: fruit
17: One of Your Wish List Items: vacation
18: Time: morning
19. The Last Thing You Did: talked
20. What You Are Wearing: pj's
21. Your Favorite Weather: cool
22. Your Favorite Book: suspense
23. The last thing you ate: chicken
24. Your Life: rollercoaster
25. Your Mood: anxious
26. Your Friends: YAYA's
27. What are you thinking about right now?: questions
29. What are you doing at the moment?: thinking
30. Your summer: horrible
31. Your relationship status: married
32. What is on your tv?: Franklin
33. When is the last time you laughed?: morning
34. Last time you cried?: week
35. School?: soon

That was fun Robyn... thanks for the idea!!!! LOL

MY YAYA Steph is probably one of the most beautiful faces I have ever met.... I often joke with her that her face could launch a thousand ships.... Check out her GREAT GATSBY 2007 Pics... just stunning!!!!!!!!

New challenge blog alert... CATEGORY STORIES

MY YAYA KATIE IS PREGGERS...MMMMMWAAAA

Another YAYA Tanya has her company OH LA LA Designs featured in the Canadian scrapbooker... check out the clipboard (we were with her when she made IRL) Congrats girl!!!!!!!!

Well I can't go and leave any of my YAYA's out can I?? So check out Mellisa's latest work.. she has been a crazy scrapping machine as of late.. Gorgeous work sweetie! BTW - check out her hubby... he's hot!

Di has posted her September 2007 layout sketch


Check out this cool Halloween banner made by Melanie C Designs blog!!

Altered Fab Flowers from Queen & Coy blog... check them out here.

Make your own Bubble Mailers...

Too cool.... and another great way to use your scraps....lol Link here

So the effers went MIA on their blog for a while but have recovered, and come up with their own web page.. Way to go girls!! Find them here!

Hey if your Canadian and love to rent movies check this company out. I swear by them, and have been with them for a bit now.... definantely pleased! ZIP.CA

Well folks, that's it for this Sat.... I am hoping to blog more this week, and yes tomorrow the Sunday challenges are going up... with a few pics of last challenge entries and RAK winner!!!

Have a great one!!!

MMMMMMMMMMWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2 comments:

Lucy Chesna said...

hey girlie..i hope the kids are doing better...miss you girlie..loving the challenges

Stay Funny said...

Haaaaaaaaa Thanks Rach! Now my boss is requesting that I come @ work one day warring my WIG...just to choc a few people here!