Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Internet Findings - Odds N Ends!

Hi ya! It has been so long since I have done one of these, and there is so much out there to share .... so this one may be extra long ... LOL

Before I start though, I wanted to give Steph a shout out ... HANG IN GIRL and I LUVS YA! XOOX

Here we go!

I have found a new "I WANNA DO THIS"! I want to do this more than any scrapping cruise, or workshop .. or whatever else scrappy ... It's the Brave Girl Camp by Melody Ross. Just with the place I am in my life .. this would be so healing, creative and such a deep experience! No drawn line, free, inspiring, yummy food, and creating! Talk about feeding the soul! :) Hopefully one day I can go to this .. and my girl Heather made mention that if I quit smoking I could put my ciggy money in a jar and save ... So that kind of gives me some motivation too ... LOL We'll see! WINK!

So I NEVER buy stamps .. cuz I find then so expensive for something that I may use once .. I am also not a stamper ... truth be told .. I don't really know a lot about stamping and inks and all that jazz! I never really listened and tried to understand stamping .. it never "spoke" to me really! Not so long ago, I took a tag class at my LSS The Scrapbox and indulged in the likes of Tim Holtz stamps . They were a tad pricey so I never invested. Then I found an ebay auction (shocking I know) and won a few packs of them at next to nothing! I was very pleased! To top it off ... I was referred to a particular set by my friend Dorrie ... I literally GASPED when I saw them!
BRAVE GIRL
I indulged, broke down and bought them ....The project I have in mind ... Oh HURRY STAMPS! LOL

I have been bitten by the cooking bug a little .. and have found so many yummy things to make .. here are some of the recipies!
Picante Chicken Rice Burritos

Cheddar Burgers and Crispy Oven Fries

Easy Cheesy Frittata (I already made this .. OH MY .. if you love basil and tomatos .. you will love this)

Sugar Topped Molasses Spice Cookies (this recipe is hosted on an amazing blog called Good Eats ' n Sweet Treats

I am loving the idea of LIVE WITH PRIMA! This project is my fave ... Oh I wish I could do it!


I asked John to get me a subscription to Somerset Studio for Mother's Day and he said YES! WOOT WOOT! LOL

The TUDORS .. OH MY ... I am hooked! HOOKED! If you are a history buff (even if you aren't) do yourself a favour and indulge in King Henry VIII life and his six wives! What a story! I am now reading all kinds of fiction and non-fiction about this era .. here are some books I bought recently!
WHAT A READ! WOW!

The Autobiography of Henry VIII: With Notes by His Fool, Will Somers (Paperback)

She is my FAVE WIFE!

The Life and Death of Anne Boleyn: 'The Most Happy' [Illustrated] (Paperback)

This speaks for itself!

Six Wives: The Queens Of Henry Viii (Paperback)

Lots of great summer reads ... that (and many a smut book TEEHEE) and I am finishing the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series (seriously hot sexy vamp action there), and the latest book was just released .... SO EXCITED! I have the Sookie Stackhouse series patiently waiting for my attention! I have fallen back in love with reading!

Tammy Tutterow (I love her name) has an awesome tutorial on Dyed Book Binding here! She uses the yummiest Glimmer mist! Also you can sign up for her daily e-mail and she usually provides you with a gorgeous vintage image free to download! BIG FAN!

NIKKI SIVILS DT CALL! I have some talented friends who should consider applying! HINT HINT! LOL Cut off is 31 May!

HAMBLY DT CALL! Be sure to check out the PDF file at the link I have provided! :)

I am a duvet lover .. but find that the covers out there suck! So instead of buying all new bedding, why not just change the actual duvet cover itself! Here is an awesome tutorial on HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN DUVET COVER! Here is a photo of one that was made .. GORGEOUS!


Doily Stencil with a SHARPIE! Read here!


GREAT QUOTE

Do not take lightly small good deeds,
Believing they can hardly help.
For drops of water, one by one,
In time, can fill a giant pot.
~ Patrul Rinpoche

Well .. I do have tons more to post .. but I guess I can pace myself a little! LOL Hope you enjoy the read! Tonight, I am out for a movie date ... so looking forward to it!

Have a great one!
MMMMMMWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA!

1 comment:

Louise Dubord said...

Wow! That's quite a post rach! Thanks for all the links. I may try one of the recipes. Have a great day!