Friday, January 9, 2009

Some more work to share!

Before I begin, I would just like to give a shout out to Laurie! It's been a tough week for her and I wanted to scream LUVS YA, and MMMMMMWWWWWWWAAAAAAAA to put a smile on her face!

So.. I have been scrapping and it feels great! I am way ahead of my goals so far, and I have to give credit to Lifetime Moments Winter Scrapfest! I have been doing their summer and winter scrapfests for a couple of years, and this is the best start I have ever had...

So without further ado!

MY 1 BOY

So this 12x12 LO was based on an AD inspiration. I loved all the journaling space and since I am not one to journal, I thought this would force me a bit. I have had this baby pic of Cody for ages, and have always wanted to scrap it.. why not tell a story while I was at it! LOL

WHY YOU MAKE ME SMILE

I added the close ups just for Steph... LOL So this is a 12x12 of Alexa and I... I love the bright juicy feel to it,and it's been a bit since I have done such a vibrant LO... at least IRL it is VERY vibrant! LOL The inspiration was to journal in bullet format.. 10 bullets. It also fits another challenge to mix fonts in the title! Inspired by Pencil Lines Sketch #91 composed by Janine Boyd and Anna Bowkis!

PRECIOUS & MINE

COVER PAGE


PG 1&2


PG 3&4


PG 5&6


PG 7&8


PG 9&10


I am so proud of this Mini album cuz it's the first one I have ever done that is completely handmade. I took some cardstock and cut them, glued them back to back, took the Heidi Swapp edge distress tool and went to town. Then spritz heavily with the gold glimmer mist.. SO COOL! I them used the BG Dec kit, some things from my stash and voila. These were all pics that I had taken previous to scrapping.. so they were more everyday keepsakes. I have always wanted to scrap them although most of them are pretty crummy! LOL So here was the place for them... my precious and mine family! LOL

So today I am off of work, just cuz I could take it! I am gonna chill, read some bogs, and of course scrap! Got my tunes on for now, but later will enjoy Season 1 of Medium, my java and when my family gets home... my family!

HAVE A GOOD ONE!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

7 comments:

Kataroo said...

EEEEEEEEEEE I truly love the mini album, its so awesome, I love its gorgeous randomness and pretty treasures, and precious old pics. Wicked work.

Mellisa said...

Ahhhh the mini. How I love them so. Yours is great and perfect. I love the subject matter too. Beautiful.

Tanya said...

ahhh...Rach, look at you creating up a storm!!!! I am swaying away from the majority and saying that my fave is the lo you did of cody. I absolutely adore it all!!!!!miss ya
xo

Unknown said...

Rach, such beautiful work! That mini is amazing and so are your pages! Wow! You've been busy!

Anonymous said...

wow wow WOW that mini book is fabulous! I love that you scrapped all those older pics. I love the ad LO too... your boy was adorable. Still is. When do you see him again?!

Stay Funny said...

WOWWWWW!!!! Love the mini!
Love the close-ups too! It's just the perfect way to sowcase to us all the lovely embellies that we can't touch of feel when posting on a blog and good way to see the dimension! Enjoy your week and see you saturday!

domestic goddess said...

stunning work misses!!! LOve the ad inspired layout