Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's a GREAT DAY!!!

Well it's Sunday and life is grand!!!! I am out of here in 3 days, by the end of today all my stuff will be packed up and I will be wrapping the stuff that needs to go thru CP. My replacement is here, she has been here before so the handover is going very smoothly. we are also great friends which makes things absolutely that much easier. LOL

I am surfing, checking e-mail and here is the list of what tickled my fancy today!

1 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY YAYA STEPH.... you get more beautiful each and every day my sweetie. I'll luv ya always!!! I hope your b-day is full of love and happiness... and of course some FREAKY DEAKY..LOL
I miss you girl, and look forward to getting together and celebrating our YAYA sisterhood...lol I am off for a couple of weeks when I get home so we'll have to go to that PITA place and have lunch together again!

MMMMMWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2 - Do you love Digi Scrapping? I must admit that i have downloaded a bunch of freebie kits but never really learned how to use them. I am sure I would prefer the old fashioned paper, embellishment, messy route, but something intrigues me about digital. Maybe it's the way to go when I am feeling lazy and not wanting to lug all my srap stuff out. But let's be honest.. ig that were the case I'd be a digi scrapper only...LOL anyways I was surfing my fave blogs and came across my girlfriend DI HICKMAN blog. Her latest entry was a review of the website
SHABBY PRINCESS , where you'll find a great assortment of digi kits for sale and for free. You can read her review here .

3 - So those of you that know MY MELLY know how talented she is! So she has posted her latest creation... this is it!! My jaw literally dropped when I saw this. First of all, it's just plain ole amazing... secondly these are colours I never see her use. I am not 100% on what technique she used to texturize this LO but you can rest assured that I will find out. I bet this looks even more gorgeous IRL! Mellisa has this thing about not submitting.... let's nag her to death and see if we can get her to change her mind...lol INSERT EVIL SMILIE.. Luvs ya girl!!

4 - When I first started scrapping. K&Company was by far my absolute fave company. I loved the papers, the embellishments and of course their albums. Then I got tired of there stuff and ventured off to other companies. Well now I have gone back and am once again admiring K&Coy. I just purchased this album...
K-Ology Hannah 12x12, and must say I am shopping for more K&Coy products!

5 - It seems it's not just scrapbooking that Katie excels at. This woman is creative talent thru and thru. She made a felt bead necklace... find it here
6 - I came across this, surfing. It's experiments to try with your kids. A little over the top for my girls but Cody will be with us soon enough and these are fun things we can so together. Check it out here

7 - I am shopping today at one of my fave e-bayers. She is in the US (Chicago to be exact) but her shipping prices are always fair. I guess I am loyal if I get good customer service. I rarely get hit with customs too. She is Craftfancy

8 - One of my fave newsletters if Splitcoast Stampers. I love all the different techniques and creative ideas for card making there. if you haven't subbed, you may want to consider it!

9 - 10 Things to do this weekend..... if you're bored, check out these fun family ideas!!!

10 - What a great saying.... enjoy!
Life Lessons
"Until we learn whichever life lesson we're meant to at the time --Self-acceptance, self-determination, self-discipline, self-esteem,self-forgiveness, self-interest, self-knowledge, self-respect,self-sufficiency or self-worth -- our lessons will keep coming back to us."*
-Sarah Ban Breathnach*

11 - DRRRRROOOOOOOLLLLLLLL.. OMG How yummy does this look???
I got this from Weight Watchers site.. Here is the recipie...

POINTS® Value: 2Servings: 8Preparation Time: 35 minCooking Time: 0 minLevel of Difficulty: Moderate

1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp lime zest
1/2 tsp sugar
1 cup cooked brown rice, chilled
1 avocado, cut into chunks
3 Tbsp fat-free mayonnaise
2 tsp fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp table salt
8 piece lettuce, large romaine leaves, split in half lengthwise and center ribs removed
1 small yellow pepper(s), cut into very thin strips
6 oz lump crab meat
1 1/2 cup cilantro, about 16 fresh leaves

Stir vinegar, lime zest and sugar into chilled rice.
Place avocado, mayonnaise, lime juice, cayenne pepper and salt in a food processor; blend until smooth.
Spread equal amounts of avocado mixture onto lettuce leaves; spoon about 1 tablespoon rice mixture over each leaf and spread it to 1 inch from end. Place 3 or 4 pepper strips down centre of each leaf; roll up and secure with a toothpick. Top each with 1 small piece of crabmeat and a cilantro leaf. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Yields 2 spring rolls per serving.
BE SURE TO LET ME KNOW IF YOU TRY THIS! I AM ONCE I GET HOME!!!
Well that is about all for now. Have to get packing.. Happy reading!
MMMMMMMMWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAA

1 comment:

Robyn~ said...

I love it when you post blog posts like this...so much information! Sometimes it's hard to share it "all" isn't it?

Can't wait til you're home!