Wednesday, August 8, 2007

So UnInspired

Have you gone thru this? I have tried going thru my stash... seeking out my challenges.... LO's to scraplift... NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! Nothing is inspiring me. I had the opportunity to scrap this past weekend and I ended up jumping from one project to another... mini album.....LOs.. you name it. Nothing is working!!!! I have spoken to a few of my friends and family and I feel so bored with scrapping lately. SACRELIG... did I seriously just say that????

Well the summer hasn't been all that great and I guess that may be feeding into the lack of inspiration... Funny.. cause scrapping normally cheers me up!!!

Maybe it's just a bad rut!!! Tell me I am not alone!

What do you do when you have hit a creative RUT????? Do Tell!

MMMMMMMWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's horrible when you get mired in that creative rut, but there are lots of things to try.

Sorry if this next bit seems a little self-promotional, but I just wrote a posting a couple of days ago with seven ideas to haul yourself out of creative ruts. I hope some of them could help you get back to your creative best soon.

Best of luck.

Spot-On said...

Hey sweets!
Go do something else
take a shower
go for some exercise
walk in the park
instead of a page try making some cards or altered project
this is one of the reasons I do everything, pages, cards, altered, mini books, digi and hybrid. So I don't get bored
oh and shopping and chocolate help too!
Mwuah!

Unknown said...

I just take a break... go read a book, try cooking a decent dinner for a change, just a change of pace. Then I find a picture that I love and just play with it.... hope you can break out of your rut here soon.

Anonymous said...

Send me some pics, and I'll scrap them for ya! Then I'll come over and raid your stash to use up all the stuff you're not using. rofl.

Seriously, like Di said, take a break. Allow yourself to do that GUILTFREE, and then when you're ready, your creativity will come back. I promise. Because a seriously talented gal like you will get her mojo back. Always.

michelle sturgeon said...

For inspiration,
-I check out the blogs from my blog roll.
-I take part in challenges (like Di's sketch or LO challenges)
-I look at the gallery at Splitcoaststampers.
-I browse through old magazines.
-I browse the LSS...(Auntie Em's for me). Sometimes just picking up a couple sheets of pretty paper will get me going.
-I agree that making cards is a great way to jumpstart creativity.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh poor Rach:( I have ben like that forever since I have not had my scrap studio to play in. What do I do...go shopping..LOL...I just bought a ton of yummy stuff...beats the heck out of me when I wil ever use it,but it was fun buying it:)

Tanya