Sunday, March 6, 2011

HELLO CUTIE CHALLENGE BLOG - WE HAVE LIFT OFF!

BIG NEWS!

A couple weeks ago I was contacted from a friend of mine I knew from my Bad Girls days.  Miss "OH SNAP" Lizzie Oakley (AKA ... OAKLES ... LMAO).  Seems Miss L was starting up a challenge blog and had asked me to be a DT member.  I was honoured and accepted happily!

The blog is called HELLO CUTIE CHALLENGES and will feature TWO AWESOME CHALLENGES A MONTH that will be available on the FIRST and THIRD SUNDAY of the month.  Fancy that .... today is the first Sunday of March ... LOL  WINK!

 So REVEAL/PREMIERE Day consisted of a COLOUR CHALLENGE (one of my faves) and I decided to make a mini for the occasion.


I must admit I was a little thrown off by brown in here as I tend to gravitate towards a soft black when I work with brighter colours.  So that in itself was a challenge!

I have had these CUTE pics of my Angelina graduating from senior kindergarten for a while now, and thought these would be the perfect pics to use for this colour palette.

TITLE PAGE

















Do you know those white inserts you get when you buy a new album, well I decided to use them up and make my own mini out of them!  I took a KI lace PP as a mask and had me fun with some LIME GREEN and ELECTRIC BLUE Glimmer Mist.  I then snagged a wack of enbellies and papers that matched the colour combos and went to town.

PAGE 1










I used some gesso on left side to white out a place to journal on.  I love the way my dear friend Katie journals on her pages and I lifted that idea for this mini .. I just may do this more often! :)

PAGE 2










I loved watching Angie sign her dilpoma.  It really struck me that day that she had reached a huge milestone in her life ... hard letting go of my baby!

PAGE 3










I found some old Daisy D cardstock stickers in my stash, and as part of this "use my stash" promise to myself, I thought they went perfectly here.  I found some K & Company chipboard stickers that I have been hoarding as well .. time to use them up too!  LOL

PAGE 4










This was such a sweet moment between dad and little girl.  John couldn't make her graduation due to work, but came home with Angelina's first ever bouquet of flowers.  Another big girl moment!  Nothing melts your heart more than seeing a big strong daddy melt at the sight of his little girl ... SIGH!

BACK

















This is the back of the album.  I wanted to show a close up of the glimmer misting without all the added pics, papers and embellishments.  I wish that the shimmer was so apparent here as it is IRL! 

So there it is ... HERE is the link to the challenge and all the delicious work my fellow DT members did as well.  The challenge is due 26 MAR 11 by midnight .. details are on the challenge blog!

Oh and as an added bonus .. I am offering my own giveaway here to .. leave me a comment and I will randomly select one winner of a little stash of colour combo related goodies! :)  Will leave this open for a couple of days! :)

MMMMMMWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

10 comments:

HeatherFeather said...

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING ALL THIS TALENT??!! This is incredibly creative!! I LOVE it!! They are happy to have you!!! YEAH!!!!

HeatherFeather said...

lol!!! I was so excited that I typed "They are HAPPY to have you" instead of "They are LUCKY to have you"!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Woozers! Way to go and congrats! The album is amazing!

Natasha said...

Congratulations Rachel, totally agree with Heather, they are lucky to have you. Looking forward to seeing all of your creations. Such a cute album.

Joanne C said...

It's beautiful!!

Sprytebyrd said...

This is just awesome! Great colors, of course and what a great little memory book!! She's such a sweetheart!
I'm so excited to be on the Hello Cutie team with you, this is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Stay Funny said...

Big congrats Rach! What amazing news and I am sure you will do super well! Beautiful first projects!

Kataroo said...

Congratulations!!!! This is so exciting! The back of the album is amazing!!!! WOW...I also love that you made the mini out of parts that someone else would have thrown out. LOve that. Super proud of you.

HeidiD said...

Oh wow! I love your album, the glimmer mist and gesso look awesome (I want to try that gesso trick). I will definitely check out the challenge blog, I need to start scrappin' again soon!

Kataroo said...

I am looking at this again...I need some inspiration...and I am again floored by the glimmer mist backgrounds...and I can so see you just spraying the shit out of them in all your glory!