Sunday, December 28, 2008

Am I really this burnt out?

Well I tell ya... for a holiday off from work, and away from it all it has really sucked the big one so far!

Actually not the entire holiday but the past few days!

I had been on duty (which means I had a blackberry at my hip) from the 22nd until the 27th... and I tell ya, if the moon could of fallen from the sky it would of. I had so many phone calls to take care of things I never really felt like I was off of work! Good thing my boss is super awesome and is giving me 3 days of my annual leave back for doing that duty last minute! I have a feeling I am really going to need it!

Xmas day went quite well. the kids had a blast and I'll post some pics later and tell ya all about it in another post. I wasn't feeling all that hot though.. and considering I was on duty and couldn't drink I definantely couldn't blame it on that!

I woke up after 4 am with a real sour tummy and just achy and outta sorts.. after two hours of fighting the nausea, I took care of business. Well I didn't stop throwing up for 24 hours after that. Then the poopies hit and OMG.. I am so not gettin descriptive but let's just say that a doughnut pillow is my new BFF! I was up at 1 am last night feeling nauseated again and whammo.. SICK AGAIN!

I am all for letting nature take it course with these kind of bibits... but at 48 hours... YA I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! I had John get me some Imodium and gatorade, and I am just taking it easy waiting for everything to kick in.

So my question is.. AM I REALLY THAT BURNT OUT? This is the second time in a month that I have gotten seriously ill... is it time for me to finally just admit that enough is enough and I am not able to do it all? Why is that so hard for us to admit this to ourselves???

I had such high hopes for some awesome family time this holiday and while I'd love to go downstairs and join in the laughter that I am hearing I just can't! Thanks goodness I am married to an awesome man...he made a run to Costco today, got me some BRAT diet things, and came home with LOST Season 4 (total surprise). Guess if I have to nurse a sore toushy and sour guts.. I may as well take in some yummy Slater!

Sorry so down guys... here's hoping tomorrow is ten times better, and I can enoy the next wek off!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAA

3 comments:

Diva Loca said...

ah sweets - sorry to hear you are feeling so poopy - if it's any consolation i feel your pain - i'm exactly at two weeks right now and still feeling yucky!
i guess this is the christmas/season of the yuckies.

feel better and take good care of yourself,
me

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hope you're feeling better soon. (((hugs)))

brn2scrp said...

Sorry to hear you caught that bug!! There's some nasties going around, that's for sure. Maybe it's just nature's way of making sure you get the rest you need? Hope you feel much better now. Wishing you and your family health and happiness in the new year!