Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day Back/LO Share

Well after 3 months off work, and a few months prior to that at half days, today was the first day I was back to work FT! It felt great. I am exhausted tonight, but a productive exhausted. I worked in our GI unit today, put in a bunch of IV's, did some patient monitoring, and then worked in another clinic in the afternoon! Nice to be back treating patients again! I sure missed it!

On another note... I have been scrapping. Got 4 LO's completed with the August Bad Girls kit, and another one almost finished! It wasn't my fave kit, but I used a good chunk of it so I am happy with that!

Here they are!

I AM SOO GONNA NIP THIS GROSS HABIT

This LO is my entry into the August BG's Apron Challenge! The idea was to scrap a goal, and this is a habit I am struggling to quit (and with the return of my health a new goal to make me even stonger...WINK)! I used the graphite glitter mist to give it a grunge "nicotine" look, and scrapped my pack of smokes...LOL Hey everything is scrapable right??? LOL

YOU'RE A SWEET SWEET CHEEKY THING!

I have always loved this pic of Angelina and I remember thinking she looked so cheeky in this pic. I used some vintage papers I got in my "junk" swap.

MY BEAUTIFUL BALLERINA BABY GIRL

CRAP CRAP CRAP....LOL Notice the piece of woodchip that made it's way on my LO....LOL If you notice behind the pic that is where it came from... I can't believe I didn't notice that before I snapped away... I'm such a dork! LMAO ANYWAYS.....I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this LO turned out. I think it's one of my new faves. It was based on Pencil Lines sketch #97


SHE IS MY BEAUTIFUL PERFECT VIEW

I had alot of fun with this one. I am not too sure if thus picture of the LO reflects this but I inked the naked tag, and then stickled it to death...lol Also used the gold glitter mist on the Beautiful title. I handcut the swirl, that was from the PP. It was a very creative processed LO. I used the Pencil Lines sketch #99


So that is about it for now. Tomorrow John and I take Angelina to meet her JK teacher. Alexa start school on Thursday and Angelina on Monday! I'll post on how that goes at that time.... LOL

TFL and MMMMMMMMMWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

domestic goddess said...

loving your layouts Rachel, especially the one of your DD "perfect View" so pretty!
hugs
anna x

Kataroo said...

perfect view is my fav too and only you only you could take a pack of smokes and make them look cool :) LOL

Mellisa said...

Beautiful layouts and I have to add ... I soon hope that the only thing you are doing with your smokes is scrapping them! :-) LMK if there is anything I can do to help.

Anonymous said...

WOW Rach...your layouts are stunning!!
Good for you trying to quick smoking! WTG!

Stay Funny said...

2 layouts really touched me, Balerina... love it love the cut out pictures + She is my beautiful view... love it. What a serine look Angelina has... beautiful moment!
Have a good w-end my friend
Love Stéphaniexx

Marlene said...

Hey Rachel - just stopping by to wish you a wonderful birthday!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I read the journalling on your first LO and I almost cried too. Good luck on quitting. It must be so hard, but you've got a good reason to stick to it, babe. (((hug)))

Hey, all your other pages rock too! I love your style, even when you're working with product that's not 100% in your comfort zone.

As for your girls, they're both going to be in school? How can that be?! Wow! Good luck to them... and to you too. lol

Robyn de Weerd said...

You want to quit smoking and I wish my hubby would LET me start again! LOL Your layouts are exquisite, as usual. Hugs and kisses!

Unknown said...

Stick with the quitting rachel-it is soooo worth it!!!

Mellisa said...

Du-du-du-du Du-du-du. Du-du-du-du

DU Dudududududu


Sorry - just passing time until your next post. ;-)